[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam + EJB3 performance

vladimir.kovalyuk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 29 16:04:34 EST 2007

To be honest the latter.
If I were able to perform true performance tests I'd provided you with figures.
I thought you already have them.
I just wanted to draw attention to the fact that contents of callstack between caller and callee is a very long journey and must cost a lot, even not taking into account some sorts of fine grained optimizations like branch predictions, cache locality and so on (that might cost even 30% of performance, you shouldn't ignore even that, ask Intel).
You decide whether it is important. I believe technical risks should be eliminated as soon as possible, otherwise they could stop project success.

And I believe that overhead of supporting contexts should be significantly cheaper than cost of useful business code. When I see 150-200 lines in stack trace and sole business method among them I don't find it reasonable.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4007996#4007996

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4007996