[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam + EJB3 performance

vladimir.kovalyuk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 29 20:53:18 EST 2007

It seems that I do.
There are menu with pop-up sub-menus on the top, tree with context menus on the left panel, and list of contents on the right panel. You can see that sort of design in Windows Explorer for instance.
Usually the page is rendered (starting from second attempt) immediately, I mean so very quickly I don't know how long it takes.
But when I tried to fill the tree with 30 elements and content of its nodes with 25 elements I saw that page is rendered more slowly, say about one minute.
The page asks backing SFSB beans for menu. every node, every context menu item for node, every item in the list and every context menu item for the list. So, I can suppose that overall number of interactions is about 400 (or twice as more due to JSF lifecycle ...). If I try to use normal persistence context instead of extended then LazyInitException occurs.
But when I use extended context I'm concerned about why my page is rendered so long.
I understand that I need to measure the time of interaction but actually I don't know how to do it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008105#4008105

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008105