[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - HTTPS Client auth from within JBoss

stone_42 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 30 07:18:02 EST 2007

Hello,

I need to call a https secured web application from within JBoss. Establishing a https connection is no problem, but the web application I call requires client authentication and I did not manage to specify a certificate.
My code is as follows			SSLContext context;
  | 			KeyStore keystore = KeyStore.getInstance(KeyStore.getDefaultType());
  | 			KeyStore truststore = KeyStore.getInstance(KeyStore
  | 					.getDefaultType());
  | 			char[] password = "secret".toCharArray();
  | 			String keyStoreLocation = "META-INF/keystore";
  | 			String trustStoreLocation = "META-INF/truststore";
  | 			InputStream is = getClass().getResourceAsStream(keyStoreLocation);
  | 			keystore.load(is, password);
  | 			is = getClass().getResourceAsStream(trustStoreLocation);
  | 			truststore.load(is, password.toCharArray());
  | 			KeyManagerFactory kmf = KeyManagerFactory.getInstance("SunX509");
  | 			kmf.init(keystore, password);
  | 			TrustManagerFactory tmf = TrustManagerFactory
  | 					.getInstance("SunX509");
  | 			tmf.init(truststore);
  |
  | 			context = SSLContext.getInstance("TLS");
  | 			context.init(kmf.getKeyManagers(), tmf.getTrustManagers(),
  | 					new SecureRandom());
  | 			HttpsURLConnection.setDefaultSSLSocketFactory(context
  | 					.getSocketFactory());
  |
  | 			HttpsURLConnection conn = (HttpsURLConnection) new URL("https://...").openConnection();
  | 			conn.connect();
  | 			Certificate[] clientCerts = conn.getLocalCertificates();
  | [...]

If I understand things right, the clientCerts array in my code should contain at least one element, but it is always empty.
Can anybody help me how to configure the certificates correctly?

Regards,
Martin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008251#4008251

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008251