[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Question about retrieving User Object from ExecutionCont

crussell42 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 30 16:41:50 EST 2007

I tried the following trick (total guess, Not sure it will work but it got me a little further). Seems like this scheme should work to force jbpm to consider the user object as a hibernatable object...which mine is only not because of hibernate.cfg.xml
jbpm.varmapping.xml

  |     <jbpm-type>
  |       <matcher>
  |         <bean class="org.jbpm.context.exe.matcher.ClassNameMatcher">
  |         </bean>
  |       </matcher>
  |       <variable-instance class="org.jbpm.context.exe.variableinstance.HibernateLongInstance" />
  |     </jbpm-type>

This now causes me to get a

  | org.hibernate.MappingException: Unknown entity: foo.MyFooClass

So I guess I somehow need to get MyFooClass into the classloader path of the jbpm-enterprise.ear I am deploying....Any thoughts appreciated.
This tends to make me believe that at least jbpm is trying to treat my Entity as a hibernatable object. However, I just use the javax.persistence and annotations so I dont have a hibernate.cfg.xml in my ejb3 / pojo foo.jar.
I guess I dont know what the HibernateLongIdMatcher really does. Seems it would use introspection and look for an org.hibernate.annotations.Id? -or- Entity. Or does it just look for a match of the class name in some hibernate.cfg.xml that it finds?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008525#4008525

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008525