[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: [deploymentinfo] and temporary files

sengsational do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 31 07:49:27 EST 2007

"dimitris at jboss.org" wrote : There is (almost) nothing wrong with this. It's a jdk bug on windows. The tmp files are locked by the classloaders using them, and they will only deleted by jboss when it restarts.Thanks for the quick reply.  I was just fretting over not getting the benefit of hot deploy.  Since it not available for jar files on Windows, I'm not leaving anything on the table, so to speak.

I've got jboss-4.0.1RC2 and Java version: 1.4.2_07.  This isn't critical, but it doesn't seem to delete the tmp files when it restarts.  But no matter, really, since I've got to go to the server to restart JBoss anyway, its easy enough to wipe the temp files myself.

I put this at the end of shutdown bat (just a random IP - no native 'sleep' on Windows):

  | rem wait a few seconds
  | ping -n 1 -w 5000 192.168.234.234
  | erase "C:\jboss-4.0.1RC2\server\default\tmp\deploy\*.*" /s /Q

--Dale--

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008757#4008757

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008757