[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Upgrade from 2.4.1 SP1 to 2.6 - Big Effort?

sjewett do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 31 09:15:38 EST 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | The true test would be to create the content in a 2.4.1 instance in the database. Leaving the database as is, and loading the 2.6 portal instance. Your CMS content should stay in tact including versions etc.
  |
  | You can test this by navigating the content via the Content Admin tool on both instances. If you do, I would be interested to know what you find

I was confused, but I think I have figured out why.  When working with 2.4.1, I had downloaded the zip file that has the AS bundled in.  You have suggested that I leave the database as is and "load the 2.6 portal instance."  I couldn't figure out how to do this.  Can I load the 2.6 instance by copying the jboss-portal.sar directory from the 2.6 directories into the deploy dir of my bundled 2.4.1?  Then it will work with my existing database (right?).  (And when I start up the server, will it create the additional 2.6 tables that you mentioned?)

Thanks, Sohil.  Please let me know if my current thinking is on track.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008791#4008791

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008791