[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: enumerations in jboss ws...

tejasjani do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 31 12:20:12 EST 2007

Interesting....

Here is what I have...

(1) I have written a enum type class PromotionDetailType using the enum pattern, one of the enum values is 'Ad'

(2) There is another class PromotionDetail where this enum class is being referenced and there are getters and setters for getting/setting the enum values such as

    public void setDetailSubType(PerformanceDetailType detailType)
  |    { this.detailType=detailType; }
  |
  |     public PerformanceDetailType getDetailType() { return detailType ;}

(3) Now I try to send a SOAP request with the following in the client

  |        <PromotionDetail>
  |            <PerformanceDetailType>Ad</PerformanceDetailType>
  |        </PromotionDetail>

This gives me the following error:

Caused by: org.jboss.ws.binding.BindingException: org.jboss.ws.jaxb.UnmarshalException: Failed to parse source: Failed
  | o set value 'Ad' for property 'detailType' defined in com.demandtec.webservices.heb.PromotionDetail at 1e3f2e5 on instance
  | com.demandtec.webservices.heb.PromotionDetail at 1e3f2e5

I dont have any mappings defined for the enum classes in the mapping file.

Any hints would be highly appreciated.

thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008873#4008873

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008873