[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: ServiceLocator pattern - delegates in the context of EJB

javaneze do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 31 15:12:47 EST 2007

Thank you for your replies!
The need of service locator was to hide the multiple JNDI calles and in EJB2.x to cache the interfaces so that you would not have to 'ask' it every time you need a common used EJB reference.

I am bit confused how we can achieve this kind of caching! or maybe is this caching necessary in EJB3 or the container now does greater magic..trying to optimize the whole thing!

I know service locator is not rocket science my app now runs perfect with plain JNDI calls..though I come from a EJb2.x background and it used to be a heavily used pattern..

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008992#4008992

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008992