[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: MC/Seam integration and unification

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 31 19:04:47 EST 2007

anonymous wrote : Really, how so? Package format would remain the same as it currently is, except bootstrap and config of bootstrap is the same as embedded jboss, jboss.

If this Seam deployer could apply special deployment semantics to a standard Java EE 5 EAR, then great! In JBoss 4 this is not the case, special packaging and descriptors are required.

anonymous wrote : I looked at your code and what you're doing deployment wise is *exactly* the same as what the kernel does except it is solely specific to Seam, minus the flexility.

Our requirement in terms of deployment are pretty trivial and are handled by a very small amount of code which costs very little to maintain. Our requirements in terms of lifecycle management and context management are extremely nontrivial and can't be implemented on top of any other container that exists today.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4009124#4009124

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4009124