[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Needed functionality (requirements)

jimisola do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 31 19:12:12 EST 2007

Antoine,

Thank you for your reply. Sadly, it was not much of a help.

I'm unable to find the portal presentation to be honest. I've already read product datasheet and feature list. The only online demo I find runs 2.2.1-RC2 which - from what I've read - misses out on a lot of the new and good stuff in 2.6.

The manuals have had their fair share of attention as well. To sum it up, I did not find any useful information on the things that I asked for in my original post - which I why I posted it.

I was hoping for an honest option on the different features/services, e.g. "yes, there is a picture gallery. but, it is very basic and if this is a key feature then product X might be a better choice.".

I can of course install JBoss Portal, OpenCMS, Liferay etc and have a look myself, but I rather get some initial information from the community and then go from there.

One crucial question is whether JBoss Portal supports multiple sites. I may have missed that information, but if it doesn't it is less of a candidate.

Also, the documentation does not mention "recommended" portlets or Best Practices.

Regards,
Jimisola

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4009130#4009130

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4009130