[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Before Server Started: Binding Component And Storing Cache T

rasor22 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 2 03:43:18 EDT 2007

Hi To All,

Please allow me to reiterate my problem here. This may be a beginner question but this is more related to Hibernate. I have a project which involves the following scenario (1 and 2 must all occur before JBoss is fully started).

1. I have to create a component that will call an MS SQL stored proc (sp). This sp will fetch a huge amount of structured data more than 200MB. Once this is fetched, the data will be formatted into an array list.

2. This 200MB+ arraylist-formatted data will be stored as a cache into oscache with a unique key. This all happens before the JBoss is completely started.

3. While the web server is in service and calls an action class method, the method will check for the oscache entry with the unique key. It must see that cache/key so it won't have to re-fetch that data and put it in a bean, since fetching the data and processing it within the action class entails processing time of 1.25 hours.

4. The cache entry is set as alive throughout the web application life span, so this must occur only during JBoss startup. This means binding the component within JBoss so the component will be able to see oscache static instance, perform the 1 and 2 process, and store the formatted data to oscache before JBoss is fully started.

I can create a java component to do this, but how will it be binded to JBoss making sure that the component can communicate to the oscache instance even before JBoss is fully started?

I know the info I gave may be incomplete, although I would like to add that this is a J2EE application with JBoss, MVC, JSP, JavaBeans, and Struts.

Ritchie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4059521#4059521

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4059521