[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Is

avbentem do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 2 04:06:42 EDT 2007

"amitev" wrote : How is the "remember me" functionality working?
Errrr... When a browser sends a request to a web server, it will also send any cookie it knows for that domain to the server. If that's new for you, then I guess you should read about cookies, and meanwhile also read a bit on HTTP sessions. Even reading about the HTTP protocol, though not Seam-specific at all, might be very useful. For example: search the net for an example about doing a HTTP request yourself, using telnet. Quite useful for anyone developing web applications, I feel.

Anyway, in this case: the browser only knows the username, as you noticed in the cookie. So it will send the username to the server, and Seam can preset the username in the login form. The browser does not send any password to the server. If the password is filled in as well, then your browser is to blame for that.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4059522#4059522

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4059522