[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - monitoring queue for undelivered messages

ssuyamboo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 2 11:11:14 EDT 2007

Hi,
I wonder if there is any jboss specific API to see the number of undelivered messages in the queue.

I send messages to queue always but my queuelistener picks up messages every 15 min. At this point I want to see how many messages are NEW in the queue.

I could use QueueBrowser but that returns total number of messages in the queue.

For eg , first I send 5 messages to queue . Now the count of messages is 5.
At this point I process all those 5 messages.
Next if I send 5 new messages , I want to see count of messages as 5 instead of 10 (total) , because only 5 messages are undelivered.
QueueBrowser returns 10 in this case.

Thanks
Sundar

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4059646#4059646