[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Does Seam really support back buttoning?

hkarapuu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 2 12:38:42 EDT 2007

I assumed that the back buttoning support would mean that the contents of the conversation scope would be rolled back to a previous state when using browser back button -- a.k.a continuations style, as in Spring Web Flows.

For example I have a page, which shows a number, which is stored in conversation scope. The page has a button. I click the button, the number increases. Exciting. I click the button five times, and the number is now five. I click the browser back button three times, and the number is two. I click the increase button on the page.

With all other 'back browser supporting' systems the result is 3.

With seam, the result is 6, just as if i had stored the value in Session scope instead of Conversation scope.

Is this the expected result? Meaning, did i understand what the back browser support means in Seam too optimistically, or am i just Doing Something Wrong?

Thanks,

Henri Karapuu

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4059675#4059675

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4059675