[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: ResourceBundle in Database

Zerg-Spirit do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 3 06:42:19 EDT 2007

Thanks, it helped me a lot!
Now, I kinda understood how it's working, but my very last problem is pretty tough: I can't retrieve the EntityManager in my Session Bean extending ResourceBundle.

@Stateless
  | @Scope(SESSION)
  | @Name("dbResourceBundle")
  | public class DBResourceBundle extends ResourceBundle implements iDBResourceBundle{
  |
  | 	@PersistenceContext
  | 	private EntityManager em;
  |
  | 	private List<CustomResourceBundle> availableResourceBundles;
  |
  | 	public DBResourceBundle(){
  | 		System.out.println("EntityManager: "+em); //em is null :/
  | 		try{
  | 			availableResourceBundles = em.createQuery("select rb from CustomResourceBundle rb").getResultList();
  | 		}
  | 		catch(Exception e){
  | 			//null pointer exception cause em is null.
  | 			e.printStackTrace();
  |
  | 		}
  | 	}

CustomResourceBundle being an entity bean representing a 'bundle' for the given language.
How to retrieve a workable EntityManager?
My guess is that when this Session Bean is instanciated, the PersistenceContext isn't created yet.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4059868#4059868

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4059868