[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - ConvertEntity Seam 2.0 issue

trouby do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 3 08:34:16 EDT 2007

Hey,
Trying to migrate to Seam 2, I've encountered an issue related to the EntityConverter when a JSF component binded to an EJB (that is a seam component) property,

I have an EJB like:

  | @Name("myManager")
  | @Interceptors( { org.jboss.seam.ejb.SeamInterceptor.class })
  | public class MyManager implements MyManagerLocal {
  | private MyEntity myEntity;
  | Accessors for myEntity
  | }

And facelets code that looks like:

  | <h:selectOneMenu  id="sb" value="#{myManager.myEntity}" required="true" >
  | <s:selectItems value="#{myEntities}" var="me" label="#{me.displayName}"/>
  | <ec:convertEntity/>
  | </h:selectOneMenu>

- myEntities is just a query defined in the components.xml file.

Note that when using convertEntity tag that is binded to a regular POJO it works perfectly, this problem only occurs when I bind a JSF tag (such as the selectOneMenu to an EJB seam component property.

It worked fine with seam 1.2.x,

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4059929#4059929

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4059929