[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBOSS Portal 2.6 and OpenLDAP (looking for an example ld

egandt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 3 08:38:32 EDT 2007

Sorry the fatwire, was lack of scrubbing the data.  as for the other dc=fatwire.com I fixed that to be dc=example,dc=com

The typo of dc=fatwire.com  was the problem authentication is now working for openLDAP.  I'm including the working LDIF and ldap-identity-config.xml from my install as this may help others in the future.   Before use fix the passwords from the users ldapuser and admin as well as the login for openLDAP.  My setup assumes that openLDAP is installed on the same server as jboss portal 2.6.

LDIF from OpenLDAP:

  | dn: dc=example,dc=com
  | dc: example
  | objectClass: dcObject
  | objectClass: organization
  | o: Example Software
  |
  | dn: cn=Manager, dc=example,dc=com
  | objectClass: organizationalRole
  | cn: Manager
  |
  | dn: ou=People, dc=example,dc=com
  | ou: People
  | objectClass: organizationalUnit
  | objectClass: top
  |
  | dn: ou=Groups, dc=example,dc=com
  | ou: Groups
  | objectClass: organizationalUnit
  | objectClass: top
  |
  | dn: cn=admin,ou=People, dc=example,dc=com
  | userPassword: {SSHA}XXXXXX
  | objectClass: top
  | objectClass: organizationalPerson
  | objectClass: person
  | sn: admin
  | cn: admin
  |
  | dn: cn=ldapuser,ou=People, dc=example,dc=com
  | userPassword: {SSHA}XXXXXX
  | objectClass: top
  | objectClass: organizationalPerson
  | objectClass: person
  | sn: ldapuser
  | cn: ldapuser
  |
  | dn: cn=User,ou=Groups, dc=example,dc=com
  | objectClass: top
  | objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
  | uniqueMember: cn=ldapuser,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
  | cn: User
  |
  | dn: cn=Admin,ou=Groups, dc=example,dc=com
  | objectClass: top
  | objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
  | uniqueMember: cn=admin,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
  | cn: Admin

ldap_identity-config.xml:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4059931#4059931

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4059931