[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: Jasper Exception when migrating from 4.0.5.CR1 to 4.2.0.

vetalok do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 3 09:42:55 EDT 2007

I have different behaviour too.
With jboss-4.0.3SP1 my jsp has compiled and works well but with jboss-4.2.0GA jboss can't compile my jsp, it says:
11:52:21,284 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: 22 in the generated java file
The method getJspApplicationContext(ServletContext) is undefined for the type JspFactory

Stacktrace:
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:92)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:330)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:415)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:308)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:286)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:273)
What does it mean?
I have not any js*.jar in my ear file.
Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4059970#4059970