[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: pages-2.0.xsd schema - undocumented features

wschwendt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 3 18:38:46 EDT 2007

"hstang" wrote :
  | anonymous wrote : The "in"-element can have 3 attributes:
  |   |
  |   | name (required)
  |   | value (required)
  |   | scope (optional)
  |
  | name is the context variable name, e.g. a component name
  |
  | value is a value expression where you want to set that that looked up component
  |
  | so [in name="foo" value="#{bar.foo}"] will set your component named "foo" to your component named "bar"'s foo

Thanks, hstang. Makes sense.  Before posting my original question above, I had already thought about whether the in-element could be simply meant to bind a context variable to a value (e.g. seam component), as some sort of declarative prerender logic.    But I didn't want to post my wild guess.

Anyway, if your assumption is true (have not tested it yet), the name of the element ("in") is a misnomer, as there is actually no injection.   Only the value of a context variable is set.

But I don't know whether a better name for this element would be something like "setContextVar", for example.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060188#4060188

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060188