[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: PingTimerTask broken pipe

ron_sigal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 4 02:59:13 EDT 2007

1. Each JBossMessaging connection has a "control:" thread associated with it on the client side.  I've tried to reproduce the phenomenon of control threads outliving the messaging connection, but so far I haven't been able to.

2. I noticed that a new Timer is being created on the client side for each messaging connection.  That wasn't my intention, and I'll fix it, but these Timers have daemon threads.  Looking at the code, I don't see how the only TimerTask scheduled on each would not be canceled when the messaging connection is closed.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem somewhere in the bisocket transport that is causing these threads to remain alive, but I haven't found one yet.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060248#4060248

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060248