[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Plugins installation odyssey

baz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 4 03:29:26 EDT 2007

I can not understand where you have problems. The complete suite is easily installable. If you have problems look in the wiki. There is a page about installation of the nightlys.

And why do you have the requirement, that you must install only the plugins you use? Eclipse runs fine, even if you do not use some of its plugins.

We do not have time to fenter with the dependencies between the plugins. So we unzip eclipse-jee-europa-win32.zip and make an eclipse extension site out of a nightly. Everything installs fine, even for JBossTools-200707031655-nightly-ALL-win32.zip iwe installed today. But we have to edit some feature.xml files according to
http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-500

If you want only a specific plugin, then try it.

My opinion in this case is: The 'Jboss GURUs' should spent there time to stabilize and extend JBoss Tools. When it is ready, than there is time to make a dokumentation about installation of individual plugins.

Surely, i have spend much time (more than a day) in figuring out, how to install the nightlys. So i have augmented the wiki page about installation of the nightlys with my gained knowledge.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060262#4060262

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060262