[jboss-user] [Remoting] - JNDIDetector removes detections

aih1013 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 4 06:42:58 EDT 2007

Hello!

I have a custom clustering system built on top of JBoss Remoting 2.2.0.SP4. It uses HAJndi and JNDIDetector to manage and discover nodes. HAJndi is hosted on cluster coordinators. Everything has worked fine until we had gone to pre-production state.

The network load has increased, and central nodes began to treat slave nodes as dead and remove them from the registry. However at this moment, the slave nodes communicate with the coordinators without any problem. So this is not a hardware failure. Also, I can setup TCP connection from a coordinator node to the lost slave node by telnet at the moment of failures.

Below you can see a quote from the log. It seems the slave and the master race with each other to remove/insert detection object to JNDI.

anonymous wrote :
  | 2007-07-04 10:04:50,406 DEBUG [org.jboss.remoting.detection.jndi.JNDIDetector] Removed detection Detection (org.jboss.remoting.detection.Detection at 8cddac31)
  | 2007-07-04 10:05:56,848 DEBUG [org.jboss.remoting.detection.jndi.JNDIDetector] Removed detection Detection (org.jboss.remoting.detection.Detection at 8cddac31)
  | 2

The first thing I've found during Remoting code review is small timeout for connection validation and only 1 retry number.  I'm going to patch the code and check if this will solve the problem. But I suppose there was a cause why the timeout is so small. And this does not seem as an appropriate solution anyway.

I have another unusual artifact in slaves log:
anonymous wrote :
  | 2007-07-04 00:00:56,447 INFO  [org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker] Received version 254: treating as end of file
  | 2007-07-04 00:00:56,447 INFO  [org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker] Received version 254: treating as end of file

May be this connected with the first problem? What is this?

Any hints or advances ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060341#4060341

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060341