[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: RichFaces : sample for ajax jsf portlet provided

Antoine_h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 01:48:02 EDT 2007

ho ho ! are you trying with JBP 2.4.1 ?
This version is not able for using any Ajax feature (for RichFaces or any other thing). And it is not easy to have work with Ajax, for what I saw.

Ajax in portlet is a new feature of JBP 2.6.0.
That is why, with this version, using RichFaces becomes possible.
See the RichFaces Jira indicated above in previous post of this thread.

so, you have to use JBP2.6 (GA release was out a few days ago).

As far as I am doing, migrating from JBP2.4.1 to JBP2.6 is some work, depending of what things you have done to customize your portal on JBP2.4.1.
It is some work, but all is worthy : nice features, better way of doing things. It is not a waste of time at all !
And the Ajax feature is a very nice bonus (among others) that comes with JBP2.6.

I guess you are not far from succes !

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060644#4060644

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060644