[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Deployment: Where to put richfaces-*.jar for rich:tree?!

mugwump do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 05:28:53 EDT 2007

The simple idea to use a rich:tree to display some tree-like data from a backing bean is currently turning into a nightmare:

As rich:tree needs its TreeNode (org.richfaces.component.TreeNode), the method:

  | public TreeNode getChildTree()

forces me to package the richfaces-jar inside the ear and reference it from the application.xml (instead of simply dropping it into //WEB-INF/lib, which is the default.

When I do that, I get a nasty exception:

  | org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/jboss-4.2.0.GA/server/default/deploy/lehrbuch-psychologie.ear/lehrbuch-psychologie.war/ deployment failed
  | 	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.TomcatDeployer.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployer.java:379)
  | 	at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.TomcatDeployer.performDeploy(TomcatDeployer.java:104)
  | 	at org.jboss.web.AbstractWebDeployer.start(AbstractWebDeployer.java:375)
  | 	at org.jboss.web.WebModule.startModule(WebModule.java:83)
  | 	at org.jboss.web.WebModule.startService(WebModule.java:61)
  | 	at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:289)
  | 	at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)
  | 	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
  | 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
  | 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
  | 	at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
  | 	at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
  | 	at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
  | 	at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
  | 	at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
  | 	at org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:978)
  | 	at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)

with no indication, where this error might come from.

Has anybody any experiences/best practices on how to use the rich:tree with seam?! Where to put the richfaces-jar?!  Where to build the tree-model (I do not want to build it in the web-layer: I currently like the idea of keeping stuff together and keeping the web-layer clean)?!

cheers&thx

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060718#4060718

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060718