[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Certificate security question

mail.micke@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 06:58:50 EDT 2007

Hi

I might be moving an application from struts to JSF, and I wonder about the best way of dealing with security, especially one based on certificate.

I would like to connect to a LDAP when the user first accesses the site and store details about the user in session scope.
Which would be the best way of accomplishing this? Creating a custom Identity object (if so I am curious about how this comoponent fits in the the workflow of seam, when is it created, destroyed, where would I hook in to its lifecycle, etc.)?

If I was using an login based solution I guess the athenticate method would have been the place to do this, but where do I hook in to get this done when using a certificate?

Cheers,
 Mike

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060741#4060741

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060741