[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Problems with database connection

Chitão do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 09:15:17 EDT 2007

Hey there, I'm new in the forum and I have a issue that is killing me.

Well, it goes like this.
I have a JBoss running, and a Oracle instance as well.
Sometimes, the Oracle goes down while the JBoss is still up.
While that happens, JBoss still do some pooling to see how the connection with the DB is, but it get no answer, of course.
When the DB comes up again, JBoss dispatches some errors, which I can't find them in my logs right now. So I have to halt it, and then run it again, so things can work as they should.

What I need is something that tries to check the connection with the DB, from time to time, and if the DB aint available, it closes the current queries, and just stay pooling to check the connection, until the DB comes back again.

Anyway, I found a xml tag in oracle-ds.xml that looked like it would help me, but I'm not sure that it did. The tag was: <valid-connection-checker-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleValidConnectionChecker</valid-connection-checker-class-name>

Sorry about all the text, but my english is not very good and I wanted to try to make myself as clear as possible.

Thankyou for your help.

Chitão

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060810#4060810

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060810