[jboss-user] [JBoss/Spring Integration] - jboss-spring.xml beans location

loumaus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 10:58:20 EDT 2007

Hi there ..

am trying to deploy a formerly created spring application into jboss ( spring deployer properly installed )

my spring app covers its own bean definitions ...

in order to keep them at a single location  i simply added a
 definition to the jboss-spring.xml.

The server log reveals that the application is loading my beans properly. Accessing them during runtime from within an ejb using @Spring leads to a nullpointer exception. Analyzing this fact led me to the following problem:

 DEBUG [org.jboss.spring.interceptor.SpringInjectionInterceptor] Injecting bean 'catalogService' of class type $Proxy168 into foo.bar.ejb.DefaultCatalogServiceStateless at ce4dda v
ia private foo.bar.service.CatalogService foo.bar.ejb.DefaultCatalogServiceStateless.catalogService

Placing the catalogBean directly into the jboss-spring.xml solves the upper mentioned problem.

2007-07-05 16:41:01,664 DEBUG [org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory] Returning cached instance of singleton bean 'catalogService'
2007-07-05 16:41:01,664 DEBUG [org.jboss.spring.interceptor.SpringInjectionInterceptor] Injecting bean 'catalogService' of class type foo.bar.service.DefaultCatalogService into foo.bar.ejb.De
faultCatalogServiceStateless at 6fa22b via private foo.bar.service.CatalogService foo.bar..ejb.DefaultCatalogServiceStateless.catalogService

Any idea why this happens ???

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060858#4060858

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060858