[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: DatabaseServerLoginModule

georgy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 11:46:33 EDT 2007

Hi 'bdaw'

You are wright, i made a mistake: it should be table 'roles' instead of 'UserRoles', but it doesn't solve the problem anyway. I read portal documentation once more to make sure i didn't forget anything and in the documentation it is said that 'The JBoss Application Server documentation is certainly the best reference ' for authentication configuration, so i read a part of chapter 8.

http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r5/html/ch8.chapter.html#ch8.dabaseserverloginmodule.sect

I tried the dabaseserverloginmodule exemple:

i created 2 tables  Users and UserRoles (copy/paste of the exemple)

  | CREATE TABLE Users(username VARCHAR(64) PRIMARY KEY, passwd VARCHAR(64))
  | CREATE TABLE UserRoles(username VARCHAR(64), userRoles VARCHAR(32))

i inserted data

  | insert into UserRoles values('g.mahop','Authenticated')
  | insert into UserRoles values('g.mahop','Admin')
  | insert into Users values('g.mahop','toto')

 I reconfigured the jboss-portal.sar/conf/login-config.xml file:

  |  <login-module code="org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule"
  |                              flag="required">
  |                 <module-option name="dsJndiName">java:/PortalDS</module-option>
  |                 <module-option name="principalsQuery">
  |                     select passwd from Users username where username=?</module-option>
  |                 <module-option name="rolesQuery">
  |                     select userRoles, 'Roles' from UserRoles where username=?</module-option>
  |             </login-module>

This is what happends after i try to authenticate

http://users.telenet.be/mistageorges/portalSnapshot/afterSubmit.JPG

Obviously i am missing something but i can't find what. Do you see anything that seems not to be wright?

I use JBOSS Portal 2.6GA (bundle version) with  a mysql 4.1 database

Thank for your help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060892#4060892

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060892