[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Deploying to Weblogic 8.1

syngolis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 6 04:59:02 EDT 2007

I tested the enterprise version of jbpm on different weblogic servers. Because of the nice admin-console in weblogic, its not very difficult to get it running...at least in 9.0 and above.
The problem in 8.1 is, that they just "pretend" to provide an full ejb 2.1 compliant environment. Unfortunately the classes for EJB Timer Bean  (TimedObject.class) are missing in their J2EE-Jar. (Anyone correct me if i am wrong)
So the application is working unless you dont use timers...I stopped testing at this point.

If you just want to deploy the war on 8,1, there should be no problem because it uses a different way to execute timers.
To deploy,
1. you have to create a deployment-descriptor for weblogic (weblogic.xml). Out of the box only a JBoss (jboss-web.xml) specified exists.
2. Then you must create a datasource in weblogic for database access. (Use admin console)
3. Then change transaction manager in hibernate.cfg.xml to the Weblogic compliant.

I think this should do it...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061165#4061165

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061165