[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: connection factory to remote queue

dlgrasse do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 6 14:01:07 EDT 2007

Thank you for the help.  I had actually seen that one, too, and made some initial attempts with it.  The couple of days I've spent on this, and the permutations of config values attempted, have me forgetting everything I've tried.
Here's what I'm getting with trying the technique from the page mentioned:

setup)
anonymous wrote :  - running JBoss 4.0.3sp1
  |  - local machine web app attempting to connect to "queue/EventQueue" on remote machine < queuehost >
  |  - added "remote-queues-service.xml" file to local 'deploy' directory
  |  - added "tx-connection-factory" tag to 'jms/jms-ds.xml' file
  |   - not using security realm
1) tried it with almost verbatim what they show
remote-queues-service.xml:
<server>
  |     <mbean code='org.jboss.jms.jndi.JMSProviderLoader'
  |            name='jboss.mq:service=JMSProviderLoader,name=JMSProvider'
  |     >
  |         <attribute name='ProviderName'>DefaultJMSProvider</attribute>
  |         <attribute name='ProviderAdapterClass'>org.jboss.jms.jndi.JNDIProviderAdapter</attribute>
  |         <attribute name='QueueFactoryRef'>java:/XAConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |         <attribute name='TopicFactoryRef'>java:/XAConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |         <attribute name='Properties'>
  |             java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
  |             java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jnp.interfaces
  |             java.naming.provider.url=<queuehost>:1099
  |         </attribute>
  |     </mbean>
  | </server>

jms-ds.xml:
<tx-connection-factory>
  |     <jndi-name>EventJmsXA</jndi-name>
  |     <xa-transaction/>
  |     <adapter-display-name>JMS Adapter</adapter-display-name>
  |     <config-property name='SessionDefaultType' type='java.lang.String'>javax.jms.Queue</config-property>
  |     <config-property name='JmsProviderAdapterJNDI' type='java.lang.String'>java:/DefaultJMSProvider</config-property>
  |   </tx-connection-factory>

code binds to connection factory: EventJmsXA

result:
Trying to install an already registered mbean: jboss.mq:service=JMSProviderLoader,name=JMSProvider

2) so i try with another name in the files:
remote-queues-service.xml:
<server>
  |     <mbean code='org.jboss.jms.jndi.JMSProviderLoader'
  |            name='jboss.mq:service=JMSProviderLoader,name=EventJMSProvider'
  |     >
  |         <attribute name='ProviderName'>EventJMSProvider</attribute>
  |         <attribute name='ProviderAdapterClass'>org.jboss.jms.jndi.JNDIProviderAdapter</attribute>
  |         <attribute name='QueueFactoryRef'>java:/XAConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |         <attribute name='TopicFactoryRef'>java:/XAConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |         <attribute name='Properties'>
  |             java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
  |             java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jnp.interfaces
  |             java.naming.provider.url=<queuehost>:1099
  |         </attribute>
  |     </mbean>
  | </server>

jms-ds.xml:

  |   <tx-connection-factory>
  |     <jndi-name>EventJmsXA</jndi-name>
  |     <xa-transaction/>
  |     <adapter-display-name>JMS Adapter</adapter-display-name>
  |     <config-property name='SessionDefaultType' type='java.lang.String'>javax.jms.Queue</config-property>
  |     <config-property name='JmsProviderAdapterJNDI' type='java.lang.String'>java:/EventJMSProvider</config-property>
  |   </tx-connection-factory>

result:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: EventJmsXA not bound
  | <stacktrace>

trying it with code binding to java:/EventJmsXA yields the same results.

So my problem is that I try several variations on the basic documentation but cannot get it working.  Am I just missing some simple detail?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061421#4061421

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061421