[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - <s:cache> and nested repeat elements

alexg79 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jul 7 11:08:45 EDT 2007

I need to display a nested list as follows:
Root category 1
  |     Subcategory 1
  |     Subcategory 2
  | Root category 2
  |     Subcategory 3
I first tried doing this using the Facelets <ui:repeat> element, only to find out that only the outer layer (the root categories) were rendered. Using JSTL's <c:forEach> fixed this, but caching no longer works as intended, since I'm getting database hits on every pageload. I have a similar page elsewhere that uses <ui:repeat> instead, and caching works fine there. This is quite annoying since constructing said list is fairly database intensive and the data rarely changes.
Any advice?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061604#4061604

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061604