[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: RichFaces : sample for ajax jsf portlet provided

Antoine_h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 8 17:04:46 EDT 2007

Hello,

JBoss AS 4.0.5GA or 4.2.0GA or 5 beta?
about JBoss AS, I don't remember where, but I read something saying that their would be some problems with 4.2.0 (unfortunately !).
look at the wiki... may be you'll find about this.
I think it is about JSF and things that are newly organized with the embedded tomcat of that new version of JB AS.

It will be resolved, but as I want to try RichFaces (brand new too), I said "let's keep with 4.0.5... not to much change at one time".

so my advice is 4.0.5.

- JBoss Seam 1.2.1GA or 2.0.0 beta
I don't use Seam.
I keep my layers (DAO, business object, GUI) separate.
On my opinion, and for myself, there is yet a lot to do (and learn) with portal, JSF, RichFaces, EJB3...
Seam is intersting... but will try this nice integration concept and features later.

- JDK (currently i'm using 1.5)
1.5 is good.
no problem with that (portal in dev, portal in prod... working fine).

Take the JBoss Portal release, alone or bundle with JB AS 4.0.5.
both are fine.
The first time, I use the bundle, then upgrade (from RC3) with the alone version.

You may want also to update "sometime" your portal with the nightly build.
So you have all the new Jira resolved.

you can get it here :
http://cruisecontrol.jboss.com/cc/artifacts/jboss-portal-trunk-build
Note : when trying to deploy it, use the option "deploy-all" to have all the portal features (samples etc...) deployed.
The doc does not say to use this option. (see other forum post about this).

By the way, you can also use the last version of Hibernate (upgrade the jboss as and portal hibernate jar). It works fine.
Look at Hibernate web site to take the latest "best" one : there was a few general problem with one release (for MySQL).
I use hibernate3.2.4.sp1
This version of hibernate allow to use annotation with EJB3. Nice. (if you don"t use Seam). (you have to download the annotation jar and etc...).

have fun...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061769#4061769

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061769