[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - @In(required = false, value =

jazir1979 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 8 21:37:39 EDT 2007

Hi all,

We have some code that uses the following:

  |  @In(required = false, value = "#{uiComponent['XXX']}")

Some methods in our bean are called when component XXX does not exist in the ViewRoot, which is why we use required = false.

However, this fails now in Seam 2, because the Sun RI throws an IllegalArgumentException from UIComponentBase:588.  I imagine it worked with MyFaces because it returned null for invalid components rather than throwing exceptions.

I think Seam should catch this exception if doing uiComponent injection and required is set to false.

thanks,
Daniel.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4061802#4061802

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4061802