[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: Monitoring new connections to a topic

chris05atm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 9 17:44:16 EDT 2007

The subscribe interceptor method was actually my first attempt. I am afraid my first message was not detailed enough in its description.

Using subscribe() my Interceptor will broadcast a message to the topic whenever a client connects. The problem is I guess the message is broadcast before the connecting client starts receiving messages. Every other connected client receives the broadcasted message except the client that caused the subscribe() method to fire.

With a durable connection the connecting client receives the message but on a non-durable connection... the timing seems slightly off and therefore the message is missed by the connecting client.

I am thinking about just adding a timer delay or something but that seems rather hackish. Is there a better means for broadcasting a message and ensuring that connecting client receives the message? Some later method to hook into perhaps?

You've been lots of help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062164#4062164

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062164