[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - avoiding excessive bijection question

X490812 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 9 18:35:35 EDT 2007

In Michael Yuan's seam book, there is a secion on avoiding excessive bijection.
I have tried to implement this idea in a test app with the following code:

the controller

  | @Stateful
  | @Name("indexPage")
  | @Scope(org.jboss.seam.ScopeType.SESSION)
  | public class IndexPageBean implements IndexPage {
  |
  | 	@Logger
  | 	private Log log;
  |
  | 	@In
  | 	FacesMessages facesMessages;
  |
  | 	private Property property;
  |

  | 	private Borrower borrower;
  | .
  | .
  | .
  |         public Borrower getBorrower()
  |    	{
  | 		return borrower;
  | 	}
  | 	public void setBorrower(Borrower borrower)
  | 	{
  | 		this.borrower = borrower;
  | 	}
  | .
  | .
  | .

 the view

  | 	<h2>Borrower</h2>
  | 	<form name="BorrowerForm" id="BorrowerForm" jsfc="h:form">
  | 		  <label>AGE:
  |           <input type="text" name="textfield" jsfc="h:inputText" value="#{indexPage.borrower.age}"/>
  | 		  </label>
  | 		<label>GROSS:
  | 		<input type="text" name="textfield" jsfc="h:inputText" value="#{indexPage.borrower.grossIncome}"/>
  | 		  </label>
  | 			<input type="submit" jsfc="h:commandButton" id="submitBorrowerButton" action="#{indexPage.submitBorrower}" value="Submit" />
  | 	</form>
  | .
  | .
  | .

I am getting the error:
anonymous wrote :
  | /home.xhtml @16,101 value="#{indexPage.borrower.age}": Bean: org.javassist.tmp.java.lang.Object_$$_javassist_91, property: borrower

with a stacktrace of
anonymous wrote :
  | javax.faces.el.PropertyNotFoundException: /home.xhtml @16,101 value="#{indexPage.borrower.age}": Bean: org.javassist.tmp.java.lang.Object_$$_javassist_91, property: borrower
  | 	at com.sun.facelets.el.LegacyValueBinding.getValue(LegacyValueBinding.java:58)
  | 	at javax.faces.component.UIOutput.getValue(UIOutput.java:77)
  | 	at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.RendererUtils.getStringValue(RendererUtils.java:217)
  | 	at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlTextRendererBase.renderInput(HtmlTextRendererBase.java:135)

Why? It seams to be saying that I do not have a borrower property in my controller, yet that is not true. Is it because I must first initialize something? The book gives a very similar example, but I must be missing something.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062172#4062172

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062172