[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - How to return a complex type?

Ufic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 03:43:48 EDT 2007

Hi.

I'm a new user of JBoss.

I'm trying to create a WebService with JBoss 4.2.0 and Eclipse 3.1 (using Java 1.5 and Ejb 2.1: I must use these versions).

No problem with business methods returning a String, but I can't create business methods returning an array of Strings, a JavaBean or (it's my really goal) an array of JavaBeans.

I realize that in some way I have to map Java types in xml types and viceversa. But, HOW?

I have to change wsdl file, jaxrpc-mapping.xml, webservices.xml or I have to create some new file?
Googling, I found too many infos: sorry, maybe this is a faq but it's driving me crazy :( .

I can deploy a Service that returns an array of Strings but the client throws the follow exception:

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:org.xml.sax.SAXException:
  | Deserializing parameter 'result':  could not find deserializer for type
  | {http://dipartimento.wsEjb.agaticarnazzo.it/types}String.Array
  |     at org.apache.axis.message.RPCHandler.onStartChild(RPCHandler.java:308)
  |     at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.startElement(DeserializationContextImpl.java:1040)
  |     at org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(SAX2EventRecorder.java:198)
  |     at org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(MessageElement.java:856)
  |     at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.deserialize(RPCElement.java:325)
  |     at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.getParams(RPCElement.java:349)
  |     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2379)
  |     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2278)
  |     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1772)
  |     at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClientProxy.invoke(AxisClientProxy.java:195)
  |     at $Proxy0.getDocumenti(Unknown Source)
  |     at it.agaticarnazzo.dipartimento.wsPojo.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:30)

And if I try to deploy a webservice that returns a JavaBean, Jboss prints the follow error:
Cannot load java type: MyJavaBean.in.its.package

Can someone help me? :(

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062268#4062268

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062268