[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Incremental 'hot' deployment problem

damianharvey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 08:44:49 EDT 2007

I have changed a Seam-Gen EAR based project to use the incremental deployment utilising WEB-INF/dev. I have left my src/model in the normal place but changed the src/action to output it's class files to resources/WEB-INF/dev. I have set core:init debug="true" and changed the build.xml to move the resources/WEB-INF/dev classes to the {war.dir}/WEB-INF/dev directory. I'm not referring to any of these classes from anywhere outside of WEB-INF/dev. All of these classes are JavaBeans (no SFSB or SLSB).

This all deploys fine and runs without problem, however when I change something (eg. an EntityHome based class) I have errors:

  | Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not set field value by reflection.....[etc etc]
  | Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
  | 	at sun.reflect.UnsafeObjectFieldAccessorImpl.set(UnsafeObjectFieldAccessorImpl.java:63)....

This wasn't an issue deploying in the normal way and doesn't appear to break the rules of the incremental deployment. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, when the Seam classloader runs through the list of classes in WEB-INF/dev it prints out only the unchanged classes and omits the ones that have changed. Is this intended?

Thanks,

Damian.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062403#4062403

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062403