[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam + Eclipse

enzhao do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 10:53:35 EDT 2007

the jboss tools for eclipse nightly build is still _very_ awkward to use for now. Do not use it. Install a clean Europa SDK (the classic SDK but not the prepackaged one for JEE developers). Then use the Europa discovery site to install the officially signed JEE features, so you get syntax highlighting for xml/xhtml/sql files. Install a subversion plugin if needed. Normally you do not need any more features. As for the server start/shut off thing, you can use a shell( DOS shell or any *nix shell) and run the start up script....I am developing my Seam app this way.  You can set up a Seam-gen generated projects in your eclipse following the Seam reference. Disable the auto build. (important. It saves your frustration) When you want to deploy, on the eclipse, just click (project-->clean-->check the "start a build immediately"). The Seam generated build.xml for your project automatically do the deploy to your jboss server. Watch your shell. Have fun....

Ellen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062505#4062505

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062505