[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - JBossAS 4.2.0, TCP Stack, Segmenting Partitions

nhelder do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 12:44:03 EDT 2007

Hello,

My situation is this: I would like to run two separate JBoss partitions on the same network, using the TCP stack for cluster communications.

First possible confusion: to enable the TCP stack, I've been commenting out the UDP stack (in deploy/cluster-service.xml) and uncommenting the TCP stack. Is this the correct approach?

Second area of confusion: from everything I've read, that the usual way to separate partitions is to change the partition name and the mcast port. However, I'm not able to find a spot in the TCP stack configuration where the mcast port can be specified (and maybe this makes sense because the TCP stack doesn't use mcast...?). So, if there's no spot to specify the mcast port in the TCP stack, how does one go about segmenting TCP-based partitions?

Thanks in advance,

  - Nathan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062588#4062588

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062588