[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - strange failover behaviour in clustered config

ramazanyich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 10:35:04 EDT 2007

Hi,
I'm testing failover situations with JBOSS Messaging server 1.3GA running on jboss4.2.1GA (got it from branch as it is not yet released, but almost ready for release) on two node cluster.
I installed clustered jboss messaging server 1.3.0GA using release-admin.xml  build script. And did additionally following changes on both nodes:
1. replaced hsqldb-persistence-service.xml by clustered-oracle-persistence-service.xml
2. added clustered queue in destination-service.xml:
   <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.QueueService"
      name="jboss.messaging.destination:service=Queue,name=mytestqueue"
      xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Queue-xmbean.xml">
      <depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer
      jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice
	  true

3. changed messagepullpolicy and clusterrouterfactory:
      org.jboss.messaging.core.plugin.postoffice.cluster.DefaultMessagePullPolicy
      org.jboss.messaging.core.plugin.postoffice.cluster.RoundRobinRouterFactory

4. added attributes for ConnectiontFactory and XAConnectionFactory in connection-factories-service.xml
      true
      true

In messaging-service.xml in one node put server peer id to 1 and on another node to 2.

I started both nodes. Pushed about 1000 JMS messages to the queue.
Deployed MDB which is listening on this queue and doing some staff with JMS messages.

So far so good.
Messages good spreaded across nodes. After some time I killed one node (will name it from now as node A).
I saw that messages are now was correctly overtaken by remaining node (node B).

And now I killed node B too. SO no nodes are running.

Then I started node A and  it was no messages arriving to my MDB. I checked database and saw that messages were still there in JBM_MSG table.

Then I started node B and messages started to arrive to both node A and node B again.

How to avoid situation that existing messages are not delivered to the MDB ?
Is it by design ? or  bug ?
Thanks in advance, Ramil

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063013#4063013

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063013