[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Email does not reach recipient and no debug messages appears

dkane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 10:51:24 EDT 2007

Hello

In mail-service.xml I only changed debug="false" to "true" , and did not touch server addresses, etc.
In components.xml, I added the line :

<mail:mail-session host="mail.mydomain.com" port="25" username="myname" password="mypassword" debug="true"/>

The first question : does components.xml settings override mail-service.xml settings ?

Then, I have a page

<m:message xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
  |            xmlns:m="http://jboss.com/products/seam/mail"
  |            xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html">
  |
  |           <m:from name="Sales" address="sales at mydomain.com" />
  |           <m:to name="#{user.name}">#{user.email}</m:to>
  |           <m:subject>Your registration info</m:subject>
  |           <m:body>

  |           </m:body>
  | </m:message>

And the sending code itself is like in Seam "mail" example :

  | try
  |        	  {
  |             renderer.render("/mail/sendmail.xhtml");
  |             facesMessages.add("Email with your registration data was sent to #{user.email}");
  |             em.persist(user);
  |             registered = true;
  |        	  }
  |        	  catch(Exception ex)
  |        	  {
  |        	  	facesMessages.add(FacesMessage.SEVERITY_INFO, "Registration error : " + ex.getMessage());
  |             registered = false;
  |        	  }

The result :

- I am getting message "Email with your registration data was sent to #{user.email}" , saying that no Exception occured.

- I don't see any debug messages in JBoss log regarding email

- Email does not reach the inbox (spam was checked as well).

The rendering is being performed, I checked that by doing the intensional error in sendmail.xml , and exception was thrown on render method.

However, when I changed host="mail.mydomain.com" in components.xml to non-existing domain, no exception was thrown.

Any ideas how to trace the execution ?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063027#4063027

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063027