[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: jboss installation with easyEclipse JbossIDE

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 13:37:06 EDT 2007

No need to apologize for your English, I found your post much easier to read than the posts from people who think that this is an IM forum.

But on to your problem.  This is my personal opinion, you should try running JBoss AS from the command line first and get comfortable using it that way before attempting to integrate it with an IDE. If you use an IDE and something goes wrong you will not know if the problem is with the JBoss AS, the IDE, or the integration between the two. Additionally, you are then relying on others who use the same IDE (I don't use easyEclipse). If you run JBoss AS by itself and something goes wrong, you know that the problem is in JBoss AS.

The stack trace you posted is what appears in a browser window. Unfortunately that sort of trace rarely helps identify a problem (you usually need the server log). If you run JBoss AS from a command line you will see logging output in the console window, if any stack traces show up there you can post them and they will fairly accurately describe the problem.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063127#4063127

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063127