[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: two basic questions for EntityHome

wschwendt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 11 21:24:53 EDT 2007

For testing purposes I've defined an EntityHome component using components.xml

  | <framework:entity-home name="customerHome"
  |                          entity-class="Customer"
  |                          entity-manager="#{entityManager}"/>

If a page accesses #{customerHome} via EL, then in the conversation context a context variable named customerHome gets set.  Possibly because org.jboss.seam.framework.Home is annotated with @Scope(ScopeType.CONVERSATION)

If a page page accesses #{customerHome.instance} via EL, then in the conversation context not only the context variable named customerHome gets set (as expected), but in addition to it also a context variable named "customerHome.instance" (NOT expected).

This raises the question why "customerHome.instance" gets set.  I've searched for any outjection code, but so far without success.   Probably I have tomatoes on my eyes.

azalea, does a context variable named "EntityHomeName.instance" gets set in your case, too?

Perhaps this could be the reason for the caching behavior.

Where in the seam code happens the outjection to the "customerHome.instance" context variable?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063285#4063285

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063285