[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - very slow bdbje loader implementation (CR3)

srnm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 12 09:12:07 EDT 2007

I have a simple test case that puts 1000 objects into a node.
Using the bdbje loader the test runs in >100s
Using the jdbm loader the test runs in <10s

I looked at the loader implementations and I see that bdbje loader is storing each node as a HashMap, and that each put reads the hashmap from disk, modifies it and then writes it. Put another way, the entire node is being read, and written as it grows.

In contrast, the jdbm implementation uses a "flat" key space and therefore can take advantage of the b-tree structure to find and modify individual items.

I'd go so far as to say that the bdbje loader is currently unusable.
Are there any plans to fix this?
My apologies, I can't volunteer to fix this right now.

I'm new here, so please forgive if I have missed something...

thanks in advance,
Steven Marcus

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063468#4063468

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063468