[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Can I provide SAML Support for JBoss WS Handler with WSS4J?

BmanT do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 12 13:57:51 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm new to the idea of handlers - but I've been tasked to write a handler that can create SAML assertions and from the JBossWS spec status page, I see that it is 0% complete.

On a basic level, from what I understand about handlers, I can write a java class that will extend a *Handler.  And then set the handler for the service in the xml file.  And as long as the handler is on the classpath - it will be used.  So can I package the WSS4J libraries, with my handler class so I can use the functionality?  Or maybe just drop the wss4j.jar in the Jboss lib?

Also - I'm writing the handler - but I am not writing the service.  Does a handler have to be packaged with the service?  Or can it be added as a jar or war file?

The User Guide seems to indicate it has to be within the Service WAR file, but I just want to know if its possible to extract the handler to a separate archive.  Why you ask?  because another company is tasked with writing the service - but I am tasked with writing the handler - and I'm new to it - so I don't even know if that is possible.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063651#4063651

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063651