[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Using stateless beans generated by seam in standalone Ja

JbossDing do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 12 16:31:34 EDT 2007

The link above does not help me but I still appreciate it. I need idea if it is possible to use seam-generated code in plain java application.

Based on my simple understanding of seam-gen, not seam, if I have a database with tables, I can use seam-gen to generate a web application in 5 minutes. That is terrific. However, I have another plain java application also needs to access and manipulate the database. I do not want to code another data-access layer. I would like to use the code generated by seam-gen. This standalone Java application will run out of JBoss and I wonder if my java code can use the seam-gen generated data-access code.

Why it concerns me is the code generated by seam-gen seems not ejb3 (without @stateless etc.) and I do not know how could standalone java application look it up using JNDI (there is no ejb-jar.xml to define jndi binding).

Could someone tell if it is doable, and if so, give me some direction. Many thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063720#4063720

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063720