[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Unable to connect remotely

markvl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 12 21:34:05 EDT 2007

I am unable to connect to JBoss from a remote client. I am also unable to connect locally (on the server) using its external IP. The only way I can connect is using 127.0.0.1.

I have disabled the firewall and SELinux and rebooted the server.

JBoss version is 4.2.0GA. Server OS is CentOS5.

I have tested by running as root is case there was some permissions issue.

I have tested both ports 8080 and 80.

I am testing by telnet to the IP and port.

Interestingly, I started up Apache on port 80 and I can access it remotely, so this leads me to the conclusion that it is a JBoss issue and not a problem with the setup of the server.

Anyone got any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks
Mark

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063766#4063766

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063766