[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Need urgent help : tomcatSeam2_0 and tomcat6

icap do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 13 06:19:46 EDT 2007

Hello their

How do you integrate seam into tomcat
I have tried to follow the documentation of seam
Thi sis what I did:

1) I have set the location of your Tomcat 6.0 installation in the build.properties file in the root folder of your Seam installation

(25.5.1. Installing Embedded JBoss)

2) I have copied all files and directories under the Embedded JBoss bootstrap and lib directories, except for the jndi.properties file, into the Tomcat lib directory.

Removed the annotations-api.jar file from the Tomcat lib directory.

3) I heve added the Embedded JBoss listener to conf/server.xml.

For the WAR file scanning to  be enabled I added a listener to conf/context.xml.

4) Then I go to
D:\EclipseJbossSeam\jboss-seam-2.0.0.BETA1\examples\registration

and do ant deploy.tomcat
Result:
    [copy] Copying 1 file to D:\EclipseJbossSeam\jboss4_2\server\default\deploy

-- I already see maybe one problem why doesn't ant build my file into tomcat ????

5) If I decompress the jboss-seam-registration.ear and put the war file under tomcat6/webapps I get the following error

Error listenerStart
13 juil. 2007 12:15:12 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
GRAVE: Erreur de dÚmarrage du contexte [/jboss-seam-registration] suite aux erre
urs prÚcÚdentes

------------------------------------
What am I missing ???

Do I need to embed ejb3 and if so how ????

I am not far from dropping seam if I don't find a solution so don't hesitate to answer me (I have a deadline soon)

My mail is icapidees at yahoo.fr

Thank's in advance

What can I do to fix it ???

Thanks in advance,