[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: how to get LayoutService in a external webapp (not portl

cpage do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 13 06:37:12 EDT 2007

i have one generic jsp for all of my layouts. (to make easiest the maintenability)

so, instead of something like that in many jsp

i have a custom tag who generate the good tags p:region :
<cp:myownregionTag>

public class MyOwnRegionTagHandler extends RegionTagHandler{
for each regions ....
{
setRegionID(layoutName + "-" + region.getId());
setRegionName(region.getId());
super.doTag();
}

i get the list of the regions from the pageResult
but page.getRegions don't get the empty regions

  | PageContext app = (PageContext) getJspContext();
  | HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest) app.getRequest();
  | PageResult page = (PageResult) request.getAttribute(LayoutConstants.ATTR_PAGE);
  |
  | String layoutName = page.getProperty("layout.id");

most of the times, this works well because i don't have empty regions.
but in the dashboard, users could move portlets and make empty regions and when they reconnect, they can't move back there portlets because region is no longer in the page layout.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063923#4063923

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063923