[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: two basic questions for EntityHome

wschwendt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 13 09:47:47 EDT 2007

"gavin.king at jboss.com" wrote : Please test the fix.

Sorry for not replying earlier.  The CVS checkout of the entire source tree was very slow yesterday. Atfer it was finally finished,  I built a Seam version based on this source tree yesterday evening.

Looking at your modification of ManagedEntityIdentityInterceptor, the added method clearWrapper() looks ok to me.   But unfortunately, I cannot really test it, because i ran into other problems with the Seam version built with the CVS source.

In short,  when I define an EntityHome component using XML,
a context  var. with the name of this component is stored in conversation context and bound to an object of a class like org.jboss.seam.framework.EntityHome_$$_javassist_14

This class has all the expected properties such as
createdMessage 	 Successfully created
deletedMessage 	Successfully deleted
entityClass 	class aws.objekte.Customer
entityManager 	org.jboss.seam.persistence.EntityManagerProxy at 186a830
id
idDefined 	false
instance 	Customer custNum: 0 firstName: null lastName: null
managed 	false
newInstance

In contrast, when I define an EnityHome component by extension and annotate it with @Stateful,  the corresponding context var. in conversation context is bound to a class such as
class org.javassist.tmp.java.lang.Object_$$_javassist_15

As this class is defined by extension of EntityHome, it should have the properties shown above such as createdMessage, id, instance etc.

But in my case it surprisingly has only the following 3 properties, with all the other properties missing:

id
managed
toString()
(all other properties such as "createdMessage" or "instance" missing).

Consequently, when an EL expression is evaluated that references the instance property of this EntityHome component, an exception is thrown
javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException, Property 'instance' not found on type

Which is no surprise,  given that the generated Java assist class shown above is lacking (not only) the instance property.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4063994#4063994

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4063994